Imagine a device that finally gives you more effective ways to approach endoscopic and open brain and spinal tumor removal and spend less procedure time on tumor removal.
The NICO Myriad is a fully automated, completely disposable, non-heat generating neuro and spinal tissue/tumor resection device used in minimally invasive and open surgical approaches. It is a single insertion, multi-functional instrument that combines the capabilities of scissors, suction and a blunt dissector.
The Myriad system is available in a variety of diameters, lengths and configurations to meet the diverse needs of patients and clinical presentations in skull base and transfacial procedures. The handpiece works consistently and reliably to address a myriad of clinical challenges in a cost effective way. Clinical advantages of the NICO Myriad include:
- Precise tissue cutting and removal without the use of heat or ultrasonic energy, reducing opportunity for collateral tissue damage
- Physician controlled, real-time variable aspiration for fine tissue removal control around and on critical structures, minimizing potential traction on surrounding tissues
- 1,500 samples acquired per minute provides for rapid debulking of larger and fibrous tumors, useful for reducing tissue resection time
- Single insertion device is a multi-functional instrument: an aspirator, tissue rake, and scissors all in one and without the need to remove for cleaning or to collect tissue
- One-minute set up from package to ready-for-use
- Same device for open and endoscopic or working channel approaches
- Available in a variety of lengths and diameters for adult and pediatric tumors
- Able to curve the resection cannula for greater reach and access