Clinical Support for the BrainPath® Approach
(Published/Presented Clinical Data Last Updated 04/15/19)
Proof of Concept
- Gassie K, Wijesekera O, Chaichana KL. Minimally invasive tubular retractor-assisted biopsy and resection of subcortical intra-axial gliomas and other neoplasms. Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences. 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.23736/S0390-5616.18.04466-1
- Young FL, Cartwright MM. Inclusion of a minimal access surgery device system into a pilot neurosurgical enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) protocol. Poster presented at: 2017 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; October 7-11, 2017; Boston, MA. https://www.cns.org/education/browse-type/abstracts-and-posters
- Day JD. Transsulcal parafascicular surgery using BrainPath for subcortical lesions. Neurosurgery. 2017;64(Suppl 1): 151-156. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyx324
- Labib MA, Shah M, Kassam AB, Young R, Zucker L, Maioriello A, et al. The safety and feasibility of image-guided BrainPath-mediated transsulcul hematoma evacuation: a multicenter study. Neurosurgery. 2017; 80(4): 515-524. http://dx.doi.org/10.1227/NEU.0000000000001316
- Kassam AB, Labib MA, Bafaquh M, et al. Part II: an evaluation of an integrated systems approach using diffusion-weighted, image-guided, Exoscopic-assisted, transulcal radial corridors. Innovative Neurosurg. 2015; 3(1-2): 25-33. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/ins-2014-0012
- Kassam AB, Labib MA, Bafaquh M, et al. Part I: the challenge of functional preservation: an integrated systems approach using diffusion-weighted, image-guided, Exoscopic-assisted, transulcal radial corridors. Innovative Neurosurgy. 2015; 3(1-2): 5-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/ins-2014-0011
- Labib M, Britz G, Young R, Zucker L, Shah M, Kulwin CG, et al. The safety and efficacy of image-guided trans-sulcal radial corridors for hematoma evacuation: a multicenter study. Late breaking oral presentation LB12 at: 2015 International Stroke Conference; February 11-13, 2015; Nashville, TN. http://my.americanheart.org/idc/groups/ahamah-public/@wcm/@sop/@scon/documents/downloadable/ucm_471665.pdf
- Ritsma B, Kassam AB, Dowlatshahi D, Nguyen T, Stotts G. Minimally invasive subcortical parafascicular transsulcal access for clot evacuation (Mi SPACE) for intracerebral hemorrhage. Case Rep Neurol Med. 2014;2014(102307): 4 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/102307
- Witek AM, Moore NZ, Sebai MA, Bain MD. BrainPath-mediated resection of a ruptured subcortical arteriovenous malformation. Operative Neurosurgery. 2017; 0:1-7. Published Ahead of Print. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ons/opx186
- Gonen L, Chakravarthi SS, Monroy-Sosa A, Celix JM, Kojis N, Singh M, et al. Initial experience with a robotically operated video optical telescopic-microscope in cranial neurosurgery: feasibility, safety, and clinical applications. Neurosurgical Focus. 2017; 42(5): E9. https://dx.doi.org/10.3171/2017.3.FOCUS1712
- Somasundaram A, Evans J, Shah M, Asbari SH, Chicoine M, Kulwin C. Resection of deep-seated intrinsic brain tumors using a novel combination of a minimally invasive tubular brain retraction system, high resolution exoscope visualization, and high field intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI). Poster #2081 presented at: 2016 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; September 24-28, 2016; San Diego, CA. http://latebreaking16.cns.org/posterbrowser.aspx
- Chen CJ, Caruso J, Starke RM, et al. Endoport-assisted microsurgical treatment of a ruptured periventricular aneurysm. Case Rep Neurol Medicine. 2016; 2016(8654262): 4 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/8654262
- Habboub G, Sharma M, Barnett GH, Mohammadi AM. A novel combination of two minimally invasive surgical techniques in the management of refractory radiation necrosis: Technical note. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2016; 35: 117-121. https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2016.09.020
- Amenta PS, Dumont AS, Medel R. Resection of a left posterolateral thalamic cavernoma with the Nico BrainPath sheath: case report, technical note, and review of the literature. Interdisciplinary Neurosurgery: Advanced Techniques and Case Management. 2016; 5:12-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.inat.2016.03.006
- Ding D, Starke R, Crowley R, Liu K. Endoport-assisted microsurgical resection of cerebral cavernous malformations. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2015; 22(6): 1025-1029. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2015.01.004
White Matter Tract Recovery
- Agarwal V, Malcolm JG, Pradilla G, Barrow DL. Tractography for optic radiation preservation in transcortical approaches to intracerebral lesions. Cureus. 2017; 9(9): e1722. https://dx.doi.org/10.7759/cureus.1722
- Chakravarthi SS, Zbacnik A, Jennings J, et al. White matter tract recovery following medial temporal lobectomy and selective amygdalophippocampectomy for tumor resection via a ROVOT-m port-guided technique: A case report and review of literature. Interdisciplinary Neurosurgery. 2016; 6:55-61. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.inat.2016.07.004
- Zucker, L. Corticospinal tract restoration post parafascicular transulcal subcortical (thalamic) ICH evacuation. Poster #1450 presented at: 2016 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; September 24-28, 2016; San Diego, CA. http://2016.cns.org/posterbrowser.aspx
Vascular Clinical Data
Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery for Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Vargas J, Spiotta AM, Turner RD. Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Management of Cerebrovascular Disorders. 2019; Chapter 24: 381-395. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99016-3_24
- Ratcliff J, Hall A, Jankowitz B, Molyneaux B, Bain M, Gomes J, et al. Clinical Trial Update: Early Minimally Invasive Removal of Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ENRICH) Clinical Trial. Presented at: 2019 International Stroke Conference; February 6-8, 2019; Honolulu, HI. https://eventpilotadmin.com/web/page.php?page=Inthtml&project=ISC19&id=1659
- Bhatia K, Hepburn M, Ziu E, Siddiq F, Quershi AI. Modern approaches to evacuating intracerebral hemorrhage. Current Cardiology Reports. 2018; 20:132. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11886-018-1078-4
- Cusack TJ, Carhuapoma JR, Ziai WC. Update on the treatment of spontaneous intraparenchymal hemorrhage: medical and interventional management. Current Treatment Options in Neurology. 2018; 20:1. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11940-018-0486-5
- Cavallo C, Zhao X, Abou-Al-Shaar H, Weiss M, GandhiS, Belykh E, et al. Minimally invasive approaches for the evacuation of intracerebral hemorrhage: a systematic review. Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences. 2018; 62(6):718-733. http://www.dx.doi.org/10.23736/S0390-5616.18.04557-5
- Vargas J, Spiotta AM, Turner RD. Surgical Treatment of Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Intracerebral Hemorrhage Therapeutics. 2018; Chapter 6: 81-93. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77063-5_6
- Sindelar BD, Patel V, Chowdhry S, Bailes JE. A case report in hemorrhagic stroke: a complex disease process and requirement for a multimodal treatment approach. Cureus. 2018; 10(7): e2976. http://www.dx.doi.org/10.7759/cureus.2976
- Abunimer AM, Abou-Al-Shaar H, Cavallo C, Mahan MA, Labib MA. Minimally invasive approaches for the management of intraventricular hemorrhage. Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences. 2018; 62(6):734-744. http://dx.doi.org/10.23736/S0390-5616.18.04511-3
- Ratcliff JJ, Hall AJ, Jankowitz BT, Molyneaux BJ, Bain MD, Gomes JA, et al. Clinical trial update: early minimally invasive removal of intracerebral hemorrhage (ENRICH) clinical trial. Presented at: 2018 International Stroke Conference; January 24-26, 2018; Los Angeles, CA. https://professional.heart.org/professional/EducationMeetings/MeetingsLiveCME/InternationalStrokeConference/UCM_316939_Archive-International-Stroke-Conference.jsp
- Ratcliff JJ, Hall AJ, Saville BR, Phillips VL, Sekerak P, Lewis RJ, et al. Trial design, methods, and rationale for the early minimally invasive removal of intracerebral hemorrhage (ENRICH) clinical trial. Presented at: 2017 Neurocritical Care Society Annual Meeting; Hilton Waikoloa Village, HI.
- Ding D, Przybylowski CJ, Starke RM, Crowley W, Liu KC. Eyebrow incision for surgical evacuation of a lobar intracerebral hematoma with a novel endoport system. Journal of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery. 2017; 19(2):101-105. https://doi.dx.org/10.7461/jcen.2017.19.2.101
- Sujijantarat N, El Tecle N, Pierson M, Urquiaga JF, Quadri NF, Ashour AM, et al. Trans-sulcal endoport-assisted evacuation of supratentorial intracerebral hemorrhage: initial single-institution experience compared to matched medically managed patients and effect on 30-day mortality. Operative Neurosurgery. 2017; 14(5):524-531. https://doi.org/10.1093/ons/opx161
- Lang M, Witek AM, Moore NZ, Bain MD. Clinical Outcomes of Patients Undergoing BrainPath-assisted Evacuation of Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Abstract presented at: 2017 International Stroke Conference; February 22-24, 2017; Houston, TX. https://aha.scientificposters.com/epsAbstractAHA.cfm?id=1
- Bauer AM, Rasmussen PA, Bain MD. Initial single-center technical experience with the BrainPath system for acute intracerebral hemorrhage evacuation. Operative Neurosurgery. 2017; 13(1):69-76. https://academic.oup.com/ons/article-abstract/13/1/69/2608027?redirectedFrom=fulltext
- Przybylowski CJ, Ding D, Starke RM, Crowley RW, Liu KC. Endoport-assisted surgery for the management of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2015; 22(11): 1727-1732. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2015.05.015
- Ding D, Przybylowski CJ, Starke, RM, et al. A minimally invasive anterior skull base approach for evacuation of a basal ganglia hemorrhage. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2015; 22(11): 1816-1819. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2015.03.052
- Chen J, Tran K, Dastur C, Stradling D, Yu W. The use of the BrainPath stereotactic guided surgery for the removal of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage: a single institutional experience. Abstract presented at: 2015 NeuroCritical Care Society Meeting; October 7-10, 2015; Scottsdale, AZ. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12028-015-0193-y
- Kulwin C, Rodgers R, Shah M. Preliminary experience with evacuation of intracerebral hemorrhage via a minimally invasive parafascicular technique. Presented at: 2015 Neurosurgical Society of America Annual Meeting; April 2015.
- Britz G, Kassam AB, Labib M, Young R, Zucker L, Maioriello A, et al. Minimally invasive subcortical parafascicular access for clot evacuation: a paradigm shift. Poster # MP120 presented at: 2015 International Stroke Conference; February 11-13, 2015; Nashville, TN. http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/46/Suppl_1/AWMP120.short?rss=1
- Ghinda DC, Bafaquh M, Labib M, Kumar R, Agbi CB, Kassam AB. A Transulcul Exoscopic radial corridor approach for the management of primary intracranial hemorrhage. Poster #1621 presented at: 2013 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; October 19-23, 2013; San Francisco, CA. http://2013.cns.org/posterbrowser.aspx
Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery for Traumatic Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Chen JW, Paff MR, Abrams-Alexandru D, Kaloostian SW. Decreasing the cerebral edema associated with traumatic intracerebral hemorrhages: use of a minimally invasive technique. In: RL Applegate et al (eds), Brain Edema XVI: Translate Basic Science into Clinical Practice, Acta Neurochirurgica Supplement. 2016; 121:279-284. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-18497-5_48. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26463961
- Chen J, Kaloostian SW. Use of minimally invasive techniques under austere circumstances for the urgent resection of subcortical intracerebral hemorrhages. Poster #0075 presented at: 12th Annual Conference of the Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics; March 6-8, 2015.
Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery for Other Vascular Abnormalities
- Goren O, Griessenauer CJ, Bohan CO, Berry CM, Schirmer CM. Minimally invasive parafascicular surgery for resection of cerebral cavernous malformations utilizing image-guided BrainPath system. Operative Neurosurgery. AOP2018. http://www.dx.doi.org/10.1093/ons/opy389
- Scranton RA, Fung SH, Britz GW. Transulcal parafascicular minimally invasive approach to deep and subcortical cavernomas: technical note. Journal of Neurological Surgery. 2016; 125(6): 1360-1366. http://dx.doi.org/10.3171/2015.12.JNS152185
Tumor Clinical Data
Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery for Tumors, Cysts, and Lesions
- Zammar SG, Cappelli J, Zacharia BE. Utility of tubular retractors augmented with intraoperative ultrasound in the resection of deep-seated brain lesions: technical note. Cureus. 2019; 11(3): e4272. https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.4272
- Gassie K, Alvarado-Estrada K, Bechtle P, Chaichana KL. Surgical management of deep-seated metastatic brain tumors using minimally invasive approaches. Journal of Neurological Surgery-A. 2019; e-FIRST. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0038-1676575
- Bander ED, Jones SH, Pisapia D, Magge R, Fine H, Schwartz TH, Ramakrishna R. Tubular brain tumor biopsy to improve diagnostic yield for subcortical lesions. Journal of NeuroOnc. AOP2018. http://www.dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11060-018-03014-w
- Akbari SHA, Sylvester PT, Kulwin C, Shah MV, Somasundaram A, Kamath AA, et al. Initial experience using intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging during a trans-sulcal tubular retractor approach for the resection of deep-seated brain tumors: a case series. Operative Neurosurgery. AOP2018. https://doi.org/10.1093/ons/opy108
- Bakhsheshian J, Strickland BA, Jackson C, Chaichana KL, Young R, Pradilla G, et al. Multicenter investigation of channel-based subcortical trans-sulcal exoscopic resection of metastatic brain tumors: a retrospective case series. Operative Neurosurgery. AOP2018. https://doi.org/10.1093/ons/opy079
- Eichberg DG, Buttrick SS, Sharaf JM, Snelling BM, Shah AH, Ivan ME, et al. Use of tubular retractor for resection of colloid cysts: single surgeon experience and review of literature. Operative Neurosurgery. AOP2018. http://www.dx.doi.org/10.1093/ons/opy249
- Marenco-Hillembrand L, Alvarado-Estrada K, Chaichana KL. Contemporary surgical management of deep-seated metastatic brain tumors using minimally invasive approaches. Frontiers in Oncology. 2018; 8(588). http://www.dx.doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2018.00558
- Mampre D, Bechtle A, Chaichana KL. Minimally invasive resection of intra-axial posterior fossa tumors using tubular retractors. World Neurosurgery. 2018; 119:e1016-e1020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2018.08.049
- Iyer R, Chaichana KL. Minimally invasive resection of deep-seated high-grade gliomas using tubular retractors and exoscopic visualization. J Neurol Surg A Cent Eur Neurosurg. 2018; 79(04):330-336. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0038-1641738
- Eichberg DG, Buttrick S, Brusko GD, Ivan M, Starke RM, Komotar RJ. Use of tubular retractor for resection of deep-seated cerebral tumors and colloid cysts: single surgeon experience and review of literature. World Neurosurgery. 2018; 112:e50-e60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2017.12.023
- Chen Y, Omay SB, Sathwik SR, Liang B, Almeida JP, Ruiz-Trevino AS, et al. Transtubular excisional biopsy as a rescue for a non-diagnostic stereotactic needle biopsy – case report and literature review. Acta Neurochir. 2017; 159(9):1589-1595. https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00701-017-3260-7
- Jackson C, Gallia GL, Chaichana KL. Minimally invasive biopsies of deep-seated brain lesions using tubular retractors under exoscopic visualization. Journal of Neurological Surgery, A. 2017; 78(6):588-594. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1602698
- Nagatani K, Takeuchi S, Feng D, Mori K, Day JD. High definition exoscope system for microneurosurgery: Use of an exoscope in combination with tubular retraction and frameless neuronavigation for microsurgical resection of deep brain lesions. Neurological Surgery, Japan. 2015; 43(7): 611-617. http://medicalfinder.jp/doi/abs/10.11477/mf.1436203086
- Labib M, Young RL, Rovin RA, Day JD, Eliyas JK, Bailes JE. The safety and efficacy of diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)- guided Transulcal radial tubular corridors to subcortical neoplasms: A multicenter study. Abstract presented at: 2015 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; September 26-30, 2015; New Orleans, LA. http://2015.cns.org/posterbrowser.aspx
- Eliyas JK, Bailes J. Early experience with trans-sulcal parafascicular Exoscopic resection of supratentorial brain tumors. Neuro Oncol. 2014; 16(5):v161. https://dx.doi.org/10.1093/neuonc/nou265.13
- Rovin R, Kassam AB. Minimally invasive surgical resection of subcortical tumors using the six pillars system. Poster #ST-029 presented at: 18th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuro-Oncology; November 21-24, 2013; San Francisco, CA. http://soc-neuro-onc.conference-services.net/reports/template/onetextabstract.xml?xsl=template/onetextabstract.xsl&conferenceID=3676&abstractID=760212
Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery for Intraventricular Tumors, Cysts, and Lesions
- Vigneswaran K, Pradilla G. Tubular retractors for intraventricular tumors. Comprehensive Overview of Modern Surgical Approaches to Intrinsic Brain Tumors. 2019; Chapter 27: 451-463. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-811783-5.00027-6
- Eliyas JK, Glynn R, Kulwin CG, et al. Minimally-invasive trans-sulcal resection of Intra-ventricular and Peri-ventricular lesions through a tubular retractor system: Multi-centric experience and results. World Neurosurgery. 2016; 90: 556-564. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2015.12.100
- Alzate J, Young R, Rovin R. A novel minimally invasive approach for the resection of intraventricular tumors. Neuro Oncol (2014) 16 (suppl 5):v127. http://www.dx.doi.org/10.1093/neuonc/nou260.3
Multiple Disease State Data
- Cartwright M, Alzate J. Experiential summary of 286 cases of brain surgery in older adults using a navigable tubular retractor system for the trans-sulcal removal of deep-seated brain tumors and vascular hemorrhages, malformations and lesions Poster presented at: 2018 American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; April 28-May 2, 2018; New Orleans, LA. https://www.aans.org/Online-Program/Eposter?eventid=48732&itemid=EPOSTER&propid=42649
- Polster SP, Cartwright MM, Patel V, Bailes JE. Experiential summary of 1032 cases of adult brain surgery using a navigable trans-sulcal tubular retractor device for the removal of deep-seated brain lesions. Poster presented at: 2017 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; October 7-11, 2017; Boston, MA. https://www.cns.org/education/browse-type/abstracts-and-posters
- Kulwin CG, Shah MV. Minimally invasive parafascicular approach to deep cerebral lesions: initial Indiana University experience. Presented at: 2014 Neurosurgical Society of America Annual Meeting; June 2014.
- Labib M, Ghinda D, Bafaquh M, Kumar R, Agbi C, Kassam AB. The diffusion tensor imaging (DTI) guided Transulcul Exoscopic radial corridor approach for the resection of lesions in the sensorimotor area. Poster #1598 presented at: 2013 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; October 19-23, 2013; San Francisco, CA. http://2013.cns.org/posterbrowser.aspx.
- Kiehna EN, Young RL. Minimally invasive resection of subcortical pediatric brain tumors and vascular malformations using a novel navigable tubular retractor system. Poster PF-091 presented at: 46th Annual Meeting of International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. October 7-11, 2018; Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Chang K, Botros J, Kiehna EN. Minimally invasive resection of subcortical pediatric brain tumors and vascular malformations using a novel navigable tubular retractor system. Poster 639 presented at: 2018 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Meeting, October 8-10, 2018; Houston, TX.
- Chang K, Botros J, Kiehna EN, Krieger MD. Minimally invasive resection of rolandic cavernomas in children using a novel navigable tubular retractor system. Poster 661 presented at: 2018 Congress of Neurological Surgeons Meeting, October 8-10, 2018; Houston, TX.
- Young RA, Cartwright M, Kiehna EN. Minimally invasive resection of subcortical pediatric brain tumors and vascular malformations using a novel navigable tubular retractor system. Presented at: 2017 AANS/CNS Pediatric Section Meeting; November 29-December1, 2017; Houston, TX.
- Kiehna EN. Minimally invasive resection of rolandic cavernomas in children using a novel navigable tubular retractor system. Presented at: 13th Annual Angioma Alliance CCM Scientific Meeting; October 26-27, 2017; Washington, DC.
- Weiner HL, Placantonakis DG. Resection of a pediatric thalamic juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma with whole brain tractography. Cureus. 2017; 9(10): e1768. https://dx.doi.org/10.7759/cureus.1768
Comparisons and Reviews
- Griessenaurer C, Medin C, Goren O, Schirmer CM. Image-guided, minimally-invasive evacuation of intracerebral hematoma: a matched cohort study comparing the endoscopic and tubular exoscopic systems. Cureus. 2019; 10(11): e3569. https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.3569
- Scaggiante J, Zhang X, Mocco J, Kellner CP. Minimally invasive surgery for intracerebral hemorrhage: an updated meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Stroke. 2018;49:AOP. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.118.020688.
- Cartwright M, Hagerman E, Dougherty B, Mark J. Stepwise development and commercialization of a modern navigable tubular access assembly system through a multidisciplinary startup-academic collaboration. Poster presented at: Poster presented at: 2018 American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting; April 28-May 2, 2018; New Orleans, LA. https://www.aans.org/Online-Program/Eposter?eventid=48732&itemid=EPOSTER&propid=42655
- Buttrick SS, Shah AH, Basil GW, Komotar RJ. The future of cranial neurosurgery – adapting new approaches. Neurosurgery. 2017;64(CN Suppl 1):144-150. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/neuros/nyx214
- Ziai W, Nyquist P, Hanley DF. Surgical strategies for spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Seminars in Neurology. 2016;36:261-268. http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0036-1582131
- Fiorella D, Arthur A, Bain M, Mocco J. Minimally invasive surgery for intracerebral and intraventricular hemorrhage. Stroke. 2016;47:1399-1406. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.115.011415
Tissue Preservation System Methodology
- Soroceanu L, Chang J, Sidorov M, Ayala AM, Zusman EE, Dickinson LD. Tissue extraction and preservation for glioblastoma specimens used for molecular oncology and personalized therapy studies. Presented at: 2017 Congress of Neurological Surgery Annual Meeting; October 7-11, 2017; Boston MA. https://www.cns.org/education/browse-type/abstracts-and-posters
- Cartwright M. Towards the Development of Personalized Medicine: A Novel Tissue Preservation System for the Automation and Standardization of Brain Tumor Harvesting in a Surgical Setting. FASEB Journal. 2017: 31(1): supplement lb516. http://www.fasebj.org/content/31/1_Supplement/lb516.abstract?sid=94be4899-a0b2-491e-89e1-5189dbe511f5
- Kumar R, Gont A, Hanson JEL, Cheung AYL, Nicholas G, Woulfe J, et al. Isolating glioblastoma tumor initiating progenitor cells from the subventricular zone using a novel minimally invasive approach. Neuro Oncol (2014) 16 (suppl 5):v200. http://doi.org/10.1093/neuonc/nou275.15
- King NKK, Rao JP, Tew SW. Innovation in Hemorrhagic Stroke Management Using Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery. NNI White Paper. Singapore: National Neuroscience Institute; 2018. https://www.subcorticalsurgery.com/spotlight-on-healthcare-economics/
- Coppens J. Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery (MIPS) in ICH: Economic Argument for Early Surgery. SSG White Paper. Subcortical Surgery Group; 2018. https://www.subcorticalsurgery.com/spotlight-on-healthcare-economics/
- Norton SP, Dickerson EM, Kulwin CG, Shah MV. Technology that achieves the Triple Aim: an economic analysis of the BrainPath approach in neurosurgery. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research. 2017;9: 519-523. https://doi.org/10.2147/CEOR.S133623
Major and Professional Education Presentations
- Chicoine M. Have we moved beyond STICH: NICO Evacuation. American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting. April 2019.
- Pradilla G. ICH Trial Update: ENRICH. American Association of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting. April 2019.
- Chaichana K. Surgery Within & Around White Matter Tracts. Live Webinar presented by St. Michael’s Hospital & the University of Toronto. April 2019. https://zoom.us/recording/share/Hz5-IYeJsFxwwaFV4nB0UMDZLBMWFQa7ZqZJw2Qm9P2wIumekTziMw
- Bain M, Pradilla G. Evolving Clinical Evidence Supporting Early Surgical Evacuation of ICH. International Stroke Conference, Joint CV Section Meeting. 2019.
- Kiehna EN. Minimally Invasive Resection of Subcortical Pediatric Brain Tumors and Vascular Malformations using a Novel Navigable Tubular Retractor System. International Society for Pediatric Neurosurgery. 2018.
- Chaichana KL, Greenlee J. Modernizing Neurosurgery with Minimally Invasive Parafascicular Surgery (MIPS). American Brain Tumor Association Educational Webinar Series. 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0beu_vzzXc
- Pradilla G, Bain M. Journey to ENRICH: The Evolutionary Trend Supporting Early Surgical Intervention for Intracerebral Hemorrhage. International Stroke Conference, Lunch Symposium. 2018.
- Pradilla G. Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Advances in Therapy for a Devastating Disease. Joe Niekro Foundation, Webinar. 2017. http://www.joeniekrofoundation.com/webinars/
- Norton, S. An Economic Analysis of the BrainPath Approach in Neurosurgery. NICO Corporation, August 2017. http://www.niconeuro.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/S.Norton-Webinar-20171027.mp3
- Ratcliff J, Pradilla G. New case experiences using a new and novel trans-sulcal approach for surgical evacuation of ICH. International Stroke Conference, Lunch Symposium. 2017.
- Frankel M, Pradilla G. New case experience using a new and novel trans-sulcal port approach for surgical evacuation of ICH: The results and evolution towards the future. International Stroke Conference, Lunch Symposium. 2016.
- Pradilla G, Ratcliff J. Growing body of evidence for surgical management of spontaneous ICH. Neurocritical Care Society, Breakfast Symposium. 2016.
- Young R, Zada G. Clinical experience in subcortical tumor surgery and use of intraoperative ultrasound in the BrainPath Approach. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Lunch Symposium. 2016.
- Bain M, Chen J. Current trends in the treatment of intracerebral hemorrhage. Neurocritical Care Society, Breakfast Symposium. 2015.
- Labib M. Reviewing multi-center pilot data on the effectiveness of using the BrainPath Approach on primary/secondary tumors and ICH evacuation. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Tumor/Vascular Session. 2015.
- Zada G. Case experience using the BrainPath Approach for deep-seeded lesions. Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Resident/Fellow Session. 2015.
- Shah M, Labib M. Safety and efficacy of image guided trans-sulcal radial corridors for hematoma evacuation. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Vendor Sponsored Dinner. 2015.
- Day J. Early case experience for accessing subcortical tumors. American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Vendor Sponsored Dinner. 2015.
- Kassam A, Bobustuc G, Gallia G, Kerr R, Rovin R. Piloting parafascicular corridors to access subcortical gliomas: a window into understanding regional tumor biology and development of novel therapeutics. Society of NeuroOncology, Luncheon Seminar. 2014.